The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Patrick- 8 Months

Patrick is 8 months!


I say this every month, but I can't believe how fast he is growing and changing every day. It really is amazing and a true gift for me to be a part of!

When people ask how its going being new parents, we always say it's so great, Patrick is the best baby ever...if he would only sleep! He really is such a happy, content, fun baby!


A couple weeks ago he started cruising. He can scoot along the side of the coffee table or his play table while holding on. He is pretty fast too! He has just figured out how to get down on his own instead of crying for me to put him down or falling straight back on his head.

He is a picky eater. He is still eating baby food, but has decided he only really wants to eat the fruit (no veggies or meats). He is also such a funny eater! He wants to feed himself, so when I scoop some of his food out of the jar he puts both hands out so he can do it himself. Half the time he ends up rubbing it all over himself. It is pretty funny to watch!


He loves bath time, especially when you pour water on his head. He has also started dancing to music, which is just adorable! He has a puppy that sings songs and he hugs his puppy when it sings.


He is still a terrible sleeper. I don't think he has slept through the night in months. He also insists upon falling asleep in someone's arms, normally around 9:30 or 10. We still have a couple nights a week that Patrick refuses to sleep in his crib. He can be fast asleep and I will put him in his crib and he immediately wakes up screaming. Then I will get him back to sleep and try again, only to have him pull up on the side of the crib and slam his hands on the side and scream. I repeat this a few times before I finally give up and just let him sleep with me. This little boy just loves to cuddle! Luckily, its only a couple of nights a week that this happens. We are working on it, so maybe next month it will be better!


He has started to have anxiety of strangers. He loves peek-a-boo and when we kiss his belly. He giggles a lot, as you can see from all the pictures in this post! He has 6 teeth, 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. He grinds his teeth, which makes a horrible sound. I can't figure out how to make him stop!

He thinks the word "no" is funny. He says "da-da" and "ma- ma." I went out of town this past week and when I came back he was able to say "ma- ma." When I came home he gave me a huge bear hug and wouldn't let go. Probably my favorite moment ever!

Loving my aunt Denton




Such a big boy!


He loves playing with the dogs when they let him


Attempting to get a family picture. As you can tell, the dogs are too excited about the walk


Attempt #2 at a family pic. Turk is scared of Patrick, so he won't get close to him.


We love you Patrick!!! Can't wait to see what new things you learn next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment