The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Weekend Bust

A couple of weekends ago we tried to do a few fun things with the boys and it was one of those weekends where nothing went as planned. I guess that is bound to happen every once and a while with two boys two and under!
 
My mom let me know about an event called "Touch a Truck." It's a free event where every type of truck imaginable shows up and little kids can climb on them, honk the horn, etc. I was so excited for this event because Patrick loves anything transportation related. When we showed up, Patrick was terrified. He clung to Michael and I the whole time and wouldn't touch or climb on any of the trucks. It was very noisy and a little overwhelming for Patrick. All the boys were running around, honking the horns and revving the engines of the trucks. I was a little disapointed since we drove pretty far to get there! I think Patrick will be the perfect age next year though, so maybe we will try again! It is a really cool event with so many different trucks!
 
Peyton loved it! He loved looking around and seeing all the action!

 
The next day we drove out Gentry's farm.  I thought Patrick would have a lot of fun this year and we could pick out some pumpkins to carve. The weather didn't look very promising, but I looked at the weather report and it said 20% chance of rain so we decided to go anyway. Right when we got to Genrty's Farm, it got really cold and starting raining!  We literally took 2 pictures looked at the pumpkins for 5 minutes and went home. It was a huge bust!
 
This is the only picture I got of the two boys before it started pouring! Patrick was not thrilled to be in the picture.  
 

Peyton's first trip to Gentry's Farm
 

Picking out a pumpkin, which we didn't even end up buying because it started raining too hard!


We had planned to go back out there, but time got away from us and we never made it back. Maybe next year we will have better luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment