The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Patrick's First Dr. Appointment

We had our first doctor's appointment today and it went really well! I was anxious about Patrick's weight since he was born 15 days early and he was a little small. When we left the hospital he was down to 6 pounds, 1 ounce. The doctor told us he expected him to be in the upper 5 pounds at our first doctor's appointment. However, when we went today he was back up to 6 pounds, 4 ounces. The doctor was really pleased about his weight gain. After a few days of no sleep and worry over whether he was getting enough food, it was really nice to hear a compliment from the doctor about how well Patrick and I were doing with feeding! Everything else looked healthy with Patrick too. Yay!

Headed to my first dr. appointment

Worn out after my dr. appointment

Otherwise, everything has been going really well at home! I'm pretty exhausted, but I think that just comes with it :) Michael has been so much help and has provided so much support this week! He has been changing the majority of the diapers and soothes Patrick after feedings. Whenever Patrick is a little upset he loves to lie on Michael's stomach! He has just been such a great dad so far! I have had so much fun hanging out with our new family this week!

Loving my swing

Bailey has been so mothering and likes to check on Patrick when he gets fussy
Hanging out in my boppy

No comments:

Post a Comment