The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Patrick Gallagher Mulloy

We welcomed Patrick Gallagher Mulloy into the world on Saturday April 2, 2011 at 4:13 p.m, 15 days earlier than his due date. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces, was 18 inches long, and is perfectly healthy (two 9's on the Apgar test)! Michael and I could not feel more blessed! We are just so in love with him already!


First picture with dad


and mom

First family picture



I wanted to post a few things about his birth so we would remember. I started getting severe back pain on Thursday night that lasted all day Friday. I called the emergency room at 4 am on Saturday morning to ask them about my symptoms and they told me it was normal towards the end to be feeling a lot of pain and that labor could still be a couple weeks away. So, I went back to bed and woke up around 7:30am in even more pain. I tried to just lay there for 30 minutes and see if it would fade a little before getting up. After trying every position and not getting any more comfortable I went upstairs and told Michael that it was time to go to the hospital. Michael had just called my dad to go for a walk so my dad came over and we asked him if he would take the dogs while we headed to the hospital. I took my time getting ready, ate a bowl of cereal and watched a few minutes of t.v. while Michael kind of stared at me impatiently wondering what I was doing. I had always imagined myself freaking out, but I was surprisingly calm. My contractions were pretty close together when we got to the hospital. As we were checking in the nurse gave us a little speech about it being our first child so we probably came too early (15 days before my due date) and they would monitor me for an hour and send me home. My blood pressure was the highest it has ever been and after the nurse noticed that my contractions were only 3 minutes apart she immediately sent me to labor and delivery. By this point, I was in so much pain that my body was going into shock and causing me to violently shake and throw up. They sent for the epidural immediately and I couldn't have been more relieved. The epidural was probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. Michael and I were able to watch a funny movie (Grown Ups) until it was time for the actual delivery and there was no pain at all. I pushed for about 15 minutes. Patrick scared us a little when he decided to make a turn, but everything turned out perfectly! My labor was so fast and so easy and I was so thankful for that! Michael thinks it was God's way of making up for such a tough pregnancy :)

A few visitors on my first day








We are still in shock that this beautiful little boy is ours and couldn't be more thankful for him. We love you so much Patrick and we look forward to sharing our life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment