The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Patrick's First Week of "School"

Last week was Patrick's first week of daycare and my first week of work. It was a big adjustment for Patrick and myself! Patrick barely ate anything his first week at Margaret's, which made it very stressful for me! Although this week he has been doing great and eating a lot!

On the way to Margaret's house for his first day of school


Michael was sweet and sent me flowers my first day back which made my day a little brighter!


Patrick is the youngest little one in daycare. All of the other kids are a good bit older and I think he really likes watching all of them play! The other morning I dropped Patrick off and one of the little girls who is around 18 months ran over and started yelling "get him out, get him out!" At first I was afraid she didn't like him, but Margaret said that the little girl likes to play with Patrick and was asking me to get him out of his car seat so she could play with him. The next day I picked him up and one of the little boys kissed him goodbye. So cute!

Margaret provides a little progress sheet about what he does all day. I have noticed that he takes 3 full naps at her house each at least an hour long. I was so surprised at how much he sleeps for her! I had heard that a lot of children change their sleep pattern when they go to daycare so that they sleep a lot during the day and can stay up with their parents at night. Patrick seems to be on this schedule. Although its very flattering that he wants to stay up all night and play with Michael and I, its quite exhausting! It's only been 2 weeks, but I feel like I haven't slept in years! Hopefully we can get him back on a regular schedule with not so many day naps!

He has also developed a little cough that keeps him up at night. I assumed he would be sick his first few months at daycare, but its still hard to watch him be sick. I'm sure it will get better as his immune system builds up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment