The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Monday, November 19, 2012

Baby #2 is a....

BOY!!!   We are having another precious little boy.  I'm really excited that Patrick is going to have a little buddy so close in age to play with!  Our house is already filled with lots of wrestling, trucks, and footballs.  I can't imagine adding another boy to the mix, but I am sure it will be tons of fun!

Let me back up a little since I haven't posted much about this sweet little baby.  I had a feeling that this one was another boy, but I wasn't as sure as I was with Patrick.  I just knew I was having a boy the first time!  This time I really thought I was having a boy but had a few moments of doubt.  I have been sick with this baby, but not anything like Patrick.  My cravings have been pretty much the same.  I have been craving fruit juices, milkshakes, grilled cheeses and salty food.   I have a bigger appetite with this little one than I did with Patrick and my belly is definitely showing it :)

We found out early (before our 20 week appointment) with Patrick and it was a surprise to both of our families.  I wanted to do the same with this one, but have been so busy I had not made an appointment.  On Halloween one of Michael's good friends from high school offered to do an ultrasound for us.  It was so nice of her to offer and we decided to take her up on it!

Within 5 seconds of the picture of the baby showing up on the monitor, Lauren said she knew what it was but wanted to make sure before she told us.  I knew what it was after her comment since you could only tell that it is a boy that fast!

Since we baked a cake to tell our families about Patrick, I decided to do something a little different this time.  I found an idea on pinterest for scratch-off cards and decided to try it.  It looks more difficult than it really was.  I did the whole thing during one of Patrick's naps.  I created the format in word, then mixed silver paint with a little dishwashing liquid and painted it on some contact paper, cut it out and put the circles on the card.


I didn't get any pictures of our families scratching the cards, but they all guessed girl because I haven't been quite as sick this time.  You can't really read the messages in the picture, but the girl circle says "better luck next time" and the boy circle "double or nothing...we have ourselves a winner."


I have my 20 week doctors appointment in a week and we are praying for a healthy baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment