The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

Patrick was a train conductor this year and we made a Thomas to go along with his outfit.  Patrick loves Thomas the Train, so I thought he would like a costume that looked like Thomas.  Plus I needed a non-accounting related challenge and thought it would be fun to try and make Patrick an outfit.  I think it turned out pretty well!  We started with a couple diaper boxes, a cardboard tube, and some spray paint.  I wish I had taken photos along the way.  I was feeling a little doubtful at first, especially after I went through two boxes and messed them up with the first step of making the form of the train.  Box cutting is much harder than it looks!  Michael was giggling in the background as I was trying my hardest to cut the thick boxes.  Luckily, he decided to spare me some pain and helped cut the remaining boxes.  Michael also painted the entire thing and cut the tough cardboard tube.  I helped out with the detail work.  Patrick immediately recognized it was a "choo choo" before it was painted.   We had originally planned to hang the Thomas with suspenders on him, but he was scared of getting in Thomas so we just let him stand in it.  He likes playing with Thomas, but putting Thomas on was definitely scary for him!  I think it was worth it though, since it will provide endless amounts of entertainment in the future for him.  


Taking a stroll on our street.  He looks so nervous standing in the "Choo Choo."





My precious little train conductor with Thomas



We couldn't get a single smile out of Patrick on Halloween.  Unfortunately, he was up until 3am the night before, so he was exhausted and not feeling great on Halloween.  I still think he had a great time though!


Then we headed over to Patrick's friend's Virginia and Zane's house for some Halloween fun.  We had yummy food and then loaded up in the hay ride to go trick or treating.  Patrick loved riding on the hay ride!  He didn't quite understand trick-or-treating, but I think he had fun watching the big kids.  I didn't even think about bringing a bag for him to put candy in since he doesn't like candy (or any kind of sweet in general) but he didn't seem to mind at all!  We went to a few houses and Patrick was so cute trick-or-treating.  He would take a piece of candy and then put it in his friend Zane's bag.  It was a little cold outside, so we headed back after the first few houses and let the big kids continue.  I think his first experience trick-or-treating was definitely a success.  I'm looking forward to next year when he understands the concept a little more!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment