The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Sunday, May 19, 2013

7 Weeks

Well I missed Peyton's 6 week post because it has been crazy around here! I guess that is how life is with two boys who both don't sleep very much!


Peyton is still eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The little guy is so hungry! I am curious to see what his weight is at his 2 month appointment next week! He also cries A LOT. I talked to the doctor this morning and he thinks he has a dairy allergy or intolerance so I have to cut out dairy. I had to do the same with Patrick and it was so hard! I am hoping that he outgrows it soon! There is also a possibility that he has a severe peanut allergy. The doctor said it's rare that a child would feel the effects of a mom eating peanuts through breastmilk, but since Peyton had a really terrible inconsolable night and could barely breathe after I ate peanut butter, we can't rule it out. Hopefully his crying isn't colic and we can make him feel better soon!

Patrick has also not been sleeping. He had a bad cough last week and would cough so hard that he would wake himself up and throw up! Not fun!

Michael went out of town for one night last week. I was really nervous about it since both the boys were not sleeping. It was terrible and I almost had a mental breakdown definitely a challenge! Patrick hates bedtime so I knew I needed to try and get Peyton down first before Patrick. But, Peyton started crying and then Patrick started crying because he couldn't hear Thomas the Train and they both continued crying for an hour and a half. I tried everything possible! I finally got Patrick to bed around 10:30pm and then worked on getting Peyton to bed. I got Peyton to bed around 11:30pm and went to sleep myself. I got an hour nap before Patrick woke up at 12:30am and cried for 30 minutes, which woke up Peyton. The cycle went on and on until I finally got to bed around 5am with Peyton in the bassinet beside me and Patrick in the bed with me. The boys both woke up at 6:30am and I was exhausted! I think I am still recovering, which is why I have no pictures from the last week. At least I know I can survive the worst of nights. I'm sure it will get better as we work on getting Peyton on a schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment