The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Patrick's First Dentist Appointment

Patrick had his first dentist appointment this Friday. When I told him we were going to get to go to school late because of his dentist appointment, he was so excited!   We have been pretty busy lately, so I think he has been craving some one on one time.  When I drove into the parking lot, Patrick said "where is the tennis mommy?"  When I told him it was the big building in front of us, he cheered and said "yayy mommy!  You found the tennis office."  I just love little toddler speech. So cute!

We had to wait for about 30 minutes and then went back to see the dental assistant. Patrick was really nervous once we got back to the chair, but was so brave!  He climbed up into the chair and asked to hold my hand, so I sat at the bottom of the chair with him.   I was so proud of how well he did!  The dental assistant even commented on how great he was doing and how he was one of her most calm patients. 


His teeth looked great and he had no cavities!  Way to go Patrick! I think the most fun part of the appointment for him was afterwards because he got a balloon and got a special token to pick out a toy. He picked out a bouncy ball and was so excited about it.

Excited about his prizes


So glad my big boy's first dentist appointment went so well!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when children get excited for their first dental trip. It shows their potential of having a great set of teeth in the future. I hope Patrick's thoughts about oral hygiene doesn't change when he grows up. You'll be by his side anyway, so his teeth are definitely in good hands. With the look on his face from getting the balloon and the bouncy ball, I know going to the dentist was a fun experience for him. All the best to you! :)

    Ted Grimmer @ Cody Dental Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super proud of Patrick for conquering his fear. It's not surprising that he was nervous, but to think that faced his fear in such short notice is really admirable. Anyway, I'm happy to hear that he has no cavities. He definitely deserves the bouncy ball and the yellow balloon. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Sharon Warner @ Premier Dental Esthetics

    ReplyDelete