The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Sunday, September 20, 2015

First day of school- 2015

My sweet little Peyton's first day in Room 4 at Belle Meade Methodist. This is the same room that Patrick started in. He had been visiting the class in the month leading up to the first day, so it wasn't a big change for him. He loves school and loves his friends there! One of his teachers names is Mrs. Connor Peyton which is extremely confusing for sweet little Peyton. Every time someone asks for Mrs. Peyton or one of the other teachers refers to his teacher by her first name, he looks around looking for his little brother, Conor. I'm sure he will get used to it soon!


They sent me this picture of Peyton at school during nap time. Clearly the first day wore him out!



And here is Patrick ready for his first day of school! Cannot believe he is already big enough to start Pre-K. Breaks my heart how fast he is growing!

Patrick's class sent a book around with each child's picture and the parent that dropped them off the first day.  A few days before Patrick started at St. Henry, I asked him if he would like Mom or Dad to take him to school. I have to admit that I was totally expecting him to say Mom, because he is such a Mommy's boy. But to my surprise he said Dad! He said that it was Daddy's old school so Daddy should take him. I asked him a couple more times leading up to the day and he stuck with Daddy, so Daddy it was!  I decided it was best for just one of us to take him since he was a little nervous and the whole Mulloy clan can cause a little chaos! I was pretty sad watching them pull out of the driveway. He looked too small to be wearing a uniform, I couldn't believe the day was finally here! 

Note: He isn't wearing his uniform shirt in this picture because we had to special order all of his clothes and the shirt didn't come in time. The uniforms must run big because we ended up ordering a size 00 shorts, which is 2 sizes below a 2T :/.   


The first day of school was only a couple of hours with a small group of kids. The parents met with the teacher afterwards for a few minutes. Then we headed to Dalts for a celebratory lunch! 


The next week he had his first full day of school with everyone. The pick up time is from 2:25-2:30pm which is such a short window! They dismiss the Pre-K before the rest of the school so it's not complete choas for the little ones. So Peyton, Conor and I got there pretty early and just hung outside eating a snack for a few minutes before heading to get Patrick. 


Afterwards I told Patrick we could go somewhere special for a snack. I took them to the Sugar Dive and they LOVED it. They each picked out a little bag of candy and were just in heaven.



Love my sweet boys and happy that they had good first days of school!


No comments:

Post a Comment