The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bellevue Library

We headed to the bellevue library a couple weeks ago for story time.  The boys were a little disappointed that they no longer had the foam building blocks any more. I asked why they no longer used the foam building blocks and I was told that the children were not using them how they were intended. I assume they meant that they children were throwing the foam blocks and using the connectors as swords, just as my children attempted to do last summer.


However, Patrick really loved building with the new building toys. He loved it so much that we missed the first story time and stayed until the second story time. Peyton had a little trouble using the building toys and I think he was a little too young for them.  Peyton loved the interactive computer and had fun using it while Patrick played with the building toys. And in typical Conor fashion, he just ran around shrieking and disturbing everyone :/


Luckily, the second story time was not very crowded, which was perfect for my crowd. Patrick and Peyton were really into the singing. Conor thought it was really fun at first and was clapping and trying to sing loudly. He is literally the loudest child.  He hates when people are louder than him, so he felt the need to try and LOUDLY sing, which mostly sounded like loud yelling. So unfortunately, we had to head out of the story time since it was disturbing the other children. I was proud of the big boys for not throwing a fit about leaving the story time. I could tell they both wanted to stay and finish.


The garden that Patrick built


After the failed story time, I let the children pick out a few books. Patrick picked out three Thomas the Train books, which I was surprised about. Peyton picked out a very large superhero book. And both the big boys picked out a Sesame Street book for Conor. The boys were really excited about their books. Patrick and I read the superhero book every night before bed. He actually threw a big fit about returning the book, so I found a similar one in Costco that we have also been reading every 
night.


The big boys and I returned the books yesterday and we had some more fun playing with the building blocks. The computers were working this time, so we were able to play a little bit of ABC mouse. I forget how hard it is to teach a child to use a mouse. Patrick caught on pretty quickly, but it was extremely frustrating for Peyton. 


No comments:

Post a Comment