The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Patrick Update

It's been a rough week for Patrick and I. I went to the doctor on Friday to get my blood pressure monitored and it was pretty high. The doctor asked the nurse to take my blood pressure every so often because I was right on the edge of being sent to the Hospital to be monitored. After the blood pressure checks she checked my lab work and it was all normal so she told me to take it easy over the weekend and sent me home. After being there for hours, I went home and wanted some peace and quiet so I gave my dogs a toy with some treats inside it. Turk immediately started choking on the treat. I looked in his mouth to see if I could pull it out, but I didn't see anything. It's a little difficult to give a 90 pound dog the heimlich maneuver while being 8 1/2 months pregnant, so I tried my best and just couldn't unlodge it. By now its been about 10 minutes and he is freaking out and barely breathing. I call Michael and tell him to rush home. I put a leash on Turk and try and take him outside to put him in the car, but Bailey runs out in front of me and I go flying over Bailey. Luckily I am able to catch myself on my hands and knees without landing on my stomach. Michael arrives soon after and is able to unlodge the treat from Turk. It was so stressful and I'm still pretty bruised, but I am just so thankful everything worked out ok!

I had another doctor's appointment today and my blood pressure was so high that they immediately sent me to Baptist to be monitored. I think I had every possible test done! In the end, they decided not to induce. I have to stay at home and monitor myself for 24 hours tomorrow and the doctor will re-evaluate inducing on Friday. We did get to see pictures of Patrick and he looks very healthy! They said he weighs 6 lbs and 6 ounces and has a full head of hair :) Michael and I were a little disappointed that we didn't get to meet him today! After all of the panic over my blood pressure and other signs of pre-eclampsia we thought this was going to be it! I guess we will just have to be patient a little longer!

Maybe he will be an April fools baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment