The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sick

Last week was a rough week in the Mulloy household! Patrick got sick for the first time and it was just heartbreaking! He had a 101 fever and was throwing up (so much it would come out of his nose too...yuck!). The poor little guy couldn't keep anything down. I was a little nervous that it was a food allergy since we had just started baby food a couple days earlier. Our regular doctor isn't in the office on Wednesday so we had to see the new doctor in the practice who has only been practicing medicine for a month. Patrick is such a happy child that even with a fever and throwing up, he is still smiling and squirming all around. Definitely not as much as usual, but to other people he probably seems just fine. As soon as the doctor started to inspect him she looked at me and said this child is NOT sick! Then she continued to say all baby's throw up and that it is completely normal.

After I left, I found myself a little upset about the doctor's response. I had been trying to convince the doctor that this was not normal for my child. He has never had a fever and hasn't kept anything down for 24 hours. The next day Patrick woke up without a fever and seemed completely normal, so I wasn't really sure what to think!

Little did I know that I would get the stomach bug from Patrick 2 days later...

I went to work Thursday feeling great and was excited about Michael's company party that night. Michael planned the party and had been working on it for a couple months. Everything was fine at the party, but I got home around 10:30 and felt like I had hit a brick wall. I felt so sick I could barely watch Patrick. Luckily, Patrick went to bed shortly after and I was able to go to bed. Michael had worked so hard on the party that he stayed out later with the rest of his coworkers. He came home around 1:30 and I was so sick! Unfortunately, Michael was sick too from staying out so late. So glad Patrick decided he would make that night the one night he slept through the night!

We woke up the next morning and both just stared into space while Patrick happily played on the floor. We debated who would be able to leave the house and take Patrick to daycare. Michael looked at me and just said gosh we are such unfit parents this morning! I couldn't have agreed more!

Luckily it was just a 24 hour bug and we are feeling good now!

Trying out some sweet potatoes


Watching some football






On Sunday, I walked into Patrick's room after his morning nap and found this cute little face (not so great of a picture since it was taken with my phone, but I had to capture this cute little moment)


He cried whenever I took him out of his crib, so he spent most of the morning practicing pulling up on his bumpers. Whatever works, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment