The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Party, Swim Lessons & Sleepover

Last weekend we went to Emalyn's 2nd birthday party at Monkey's Treehouse. It was really cute and Patrick had a good time! He is a really shy baby, but once he warmed up to everyone he had fun crawling around everywhere!

Hannah and Patrick are close in age, so they had fun playing in the infant area


Loving the ball pit




Patrick was a little nervous on the slide at first, but ended up loving it and would get a huge grin on his face afterwards



We also had Patrick's first swim lesson this weekend. I know its a little early for swim lessons, but my goal is for him to eventually learn to float by himself in the pool. I can't imagine that Patrick could get down our back steps and make it all the way down to the pool without me catching him, but it still makes me extremely nervous! Michael thinks I am a little crazy for starting him so young. I think motherhood has made me overly paranoid :)

Here is my cute little boy on his way to his first swim lesson


I have to say that the swim lesson was a little bit of a train-wreck! There are 2 other kids in Patrick's class, a 7 month old little boy and a 2 year old little girl, and they both absolutely love the water and have no fear. Poor little Patrick was terrified, so he whimpered and clung to Michael and I most of the time. He hasn't been in a pool since he was about 3 months old, but since he loves the bath so much I thought he would love his classes. I think he was just a little overwhelmed with the strangers and the pool. It's an indoor pool, but it was freezing so I don't think that helped either. The teacher kept giving instructions on things to do and then would say except for Patrick... lets just try and get him used to the pool. The other disastrous thing that happened was that Patrick decided he needed to go to the bathroom at the end of the lesson. He had on a swimming diaper, but the smallest one I could find was still huge on him. So Michael and I pulled him out as soon as we could towards the end of the lesson. It was quite embarrassing! Hopefully next time will go better!

Patrick also had his first sleep over this weekend! Nana and Grumps watched Patrick while Michael and I went to the Predators game. We hadn't planned on having him stay the night, but when we got over there he was fast asleep and we felt bad waking him up. Sharon said that he got up once in the middle of the night to eat, but went right back to sleep afterwards. He also woke up at 5:45am, so we went to get him at 6:30am. It was weird waking up in the morning and not having him at home!

This was the adorable picture Sharon sent me. How precious is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment