The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dear Patrick

I cannot believe my little Patrick is one!! I'm not sure how I can sum up how wonderful this year has been in one blog post, but i'll give it a shot! I wrote Patrick a little note in a Sesame Street book, since Sesame Street is his favorite, and put it on his bookshelf. Since this blog is really for my memories and for Patrick when he gets older, I thought I would also post the note to the blog in case the book ever gets lost.

Patrick,

You are more than I ever could have dreamed for and I am just so thankful for you every day. You are truly a blessing to your dad and I. We wake up each day and realize just how lucky we are to have such a loving, healthy, beautiful baby boy. I remember so vividly the day we went into the hospital and how anxious we were to meet you! You were ready to join this world earlier than expected and you have been going ever since! I remember seeing your sweet little face and knowing that you already had me wrapped around your little finger!

Patrick, you are a curious and busy little boy and I wouldn't want anything less. It has been such an honor for me to teach you new things and help you learn about the world around you. You started walking about a month and a half ago and you have been on the move ever since! You just started sleeping through the night this past month, so you and I had a lot of cuddle time in the middle of the night for the past 11 months! I wouldn't trade the sleepless nights for anything! I loved cuddling with you and found myself missing you so much when you started sleeping through the night. I have become so accustomed to getting up that I still find myself checking on you almost every night.

My favorite moment of every day is when I get you up in the morning. You normally wake up slowly and talk quietly to your stuffed animals in your crib. The moment you hear my footsteps you pop your little head up and get the biggest smile on your face when you see me. I would replay that moment over and over again if I could!

I love your sweet hugs, your contagious giggle, your big smile, your soft little voice and most of all those big blue curious eyes! I can’t get enough! I often wonder if you get tired of me kissing those chubby little cheeks of yours!

Patrick, I am looking forward to all the fun memories we have ahead of us. You are such a sweet little boy and I know you are going to grow into a wonderful man! I can't wait to experience it all with you!

I love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment