The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Monday, April 9, 2012

Patrick's 1st Birthday Party

Last Sunday was Patrick's Sesame Street birthday party. Patrick loves Elmo, so I thought a Sesame Street theme would be perfect! I had so much fun planning this party! I'm not very crafty, but I wanted to make Patrick's party personalized, so I tried to hand-make a lot of things for Patrick's party.

The party invitation


The birthday boy!!



Sign at the entrance to Patrick's party


It was BEAUTIFUL outside (even a little on the hot side), so we really lucked out being able to do it all outside! April can be pretty rainy, so I was so excited it was so pretty out!



Bubbles with Big Bird


Oscar's Trash Toss


If you watch Sesame Street, you know that Elmo Loves his Crayons!



Instead of flowers, I decided to do skittles and whirly pops for the centerpieces since it matches the colors of sesame street.




The brunch table. The food table included goldfish (for Elmo loves his goldfish), breakfast casserole, veggies, flying fairy fruit pops (a play on Abby's Flying Fairy School), hashbrown casserole, and french toast. The grandmothers made the casseroles and the french toast and they were delicious!





Dessert and drink table, which included cream cheese cinnamon squares, yogurt parfaits, cookies, cupcakes, fruit tea and mimosas.


The cookie stand, which was one of my favorite parts! On the bottom are chocolate chip cookies, the middle row are cake batter cookies, and the top are soft frosted sugar cookies. I had planned to start baking really early on Saturday, but a few things came up that were out of my control, so I didn't start baking until 9pm the night before! Fortunately, Michael was a trooper and helped a lot with the cookies!


Oscar, Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster cupcakes. I made the cupcakes and icing from scratch, so I didn't finish the cupcakes until 2 am. I got a little tired towards the end, so they were a little messier than I had hoped!




The favor table, with "P" and "1" cookies. I made these cookies on Friday and cookie cutting is surprisingly more difficult than you would think! Aunt Denton and John helped package the cookies the night before. I forgot to take a picture of the table before the party, so most of the favors are gone, but you get the idea


Patrick running around before the party started



Patrick face planted in the duck pond before the party even started! So he was wet for half of the party!


Patrick spotted Cookie Monster. He went around grabbing all of the stuffed animals after we put them out. He has been carrying them around ever since. He loves them!



Uncle Matthew volunteered to dress up as Elmo. It was a great idea and I was so glad he thought of it! He went to great lengths to get the costume, since apparently Elmo is a popular costume. Elmo was definitely the highlight of the party! When Patrick saw Elmo he got excited and ran towards him!


2 handfuls of goldfish for Elmo!



Trying to feed goldfish to Elmo



The girls loved Elmo too!





Family picture with Elmo


Playing with Daddy and Grover


My boys :)



The kiddie table


With Rachel and Zane


Smash Cake time! Patrick was not fond of the cake. He is a really picky eater, so I wasn't sure if he would dig into the cake or just stare at it. He put his fingers in it but wouldn't put any of it in his mouth. Oh well, maybe next year!



He looks a little concerned that this enormous cake is on his tray





I think he lasted a total of 2 minutes before he decided he wasn't going to try any of it



Zane and Patrick ate ice out of the beer coolers all day



Hugging Grumps



The cozy coupe was a big hit! It took Michael four hours to put together the day before, but after seeing all the kids riding on it all day, I think he was glad he put it all together :)

Hannah and Patrick





Hanging with Big



Opening Uncle Matthew and Mark's present. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of one of his presents



Worn out after the party



A few pictures of my birthday boy. I forgot to get a picture of him in his hat, so we had a little photo shoot after the party.





He was not very fond of the hat!







It was such a fun birthday party! I can't believe my little boy is 1!

1 comment:

  1. you did such a good job on everything! it was so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete