The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dear Patrick

I can't believe my little boy is 2 years old! Wow how the time flies! The past year has been full of smiles, laughter and lots of tears! Like last year, I wrote the following note to Patrick in a book (this year it was The little Engine that Could)) and put it on his bookshelf.

Dear Patrick,

I have been blessed with being your mom for the past two years and it has been such an honor! Your contagious laughter and beautiful smile light up my days. I love seeing your big blue eyes light up when you see me in the morning or when I pick you up from school! It is what I look forward to every day!

You are such a loving and sweet little boy, but you are also a little firecracker! You love to run around, in fact you don't actually walk anywhere and instead prefer to run to your destination! You are full of energy and curiosity. You are constantly asking "Momma what's that." You never forget when I tell you something and make sure to let me know about it!

You love your family. Most of your first words this year have been family members names. You love to talk and ask about your grandparents and aunts and uncles. It really warms my heart to see how much you love your family, because we love you too! We welcomed Peyton into our family a few days ago and you have been so sweet with him! I can already tell that you will be the best big brother. I hope you two will be best friends as you grow older!

I love our sweet cuddles every night before you go to bed! I love your hugs and kisses! I love your big blue beautiful eyes and precious blond curls. I love your energy and curiosity! I how special you make me feel just by being your mom...and so much more!

You are everything I have ever dreamed about! Thank you for making my dreams into a reality! I love you to the moon and back...or as we like to sing to each other, "I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck."

Always and forever,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment