The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Patrick Quarterly Update

Can't believe its time for another quarterly update on Patrick!



He is just getting so big! He is such a little person now instead of a little toddler!

Patrick has made leaps and bounds in the sleeping department! He goes to sleep around 9pm and sleeps until about 7am. He asks for Michael or I to lay with him for 5 minutes while we pray and he gets settled in bed. He loves to pray for all of his family members (extended family included) every night. He has the occasional night (about once a week) where he wakes up and insists upon sleeping with us, but I think its mostly because Peyton wakes him up.



He also has the biggest heart and loves his family. On the weekends, Patrick is constantly asking where Peyton is if he is not around (i.e. napping). It is really sweet how much he loves him! A few times this month he has looked up at me, mid-play, and said "Mom, you are my best friend." Can you imagine anything cuter!? I think my heart almost exploded!

We have started talking about potty training. I think Patrick is physically ready to potty train, but is not there emotionally yet. He asks to go potty when he wants M&M's and goes frequently at school, but he won't do it consistently yet. I have a feeling he will be ready pretty soon.



He wakes up every morning and looks outside and says, "Mom it's not dark outside, it's a SUNNY day." I love how enthusiastic he is about waking up each day. Maybe I can take a cue from Patrick and wake up thinking every day is a sunny day too :)

He is also such a backseat driver. The other day I turned right on a red light and Patrick looked at me and said, "Mom!! You have to stop at a red light!" He also tells me when its green and I can go or when it's yellow and I need to slow down.



He loves to go to the "Target Market." He refers to a person as everybody. He sings constantly. Still loves trains. Pronounces his name "Patrick Moy (for Mulloy)"He also really loves movies. We have movie night on Friday night and he get's so into it. We pop popcorn, make a pallet on the floor and watch a movie he hasn't seen before and he loves every second of it!

He is doing really well at school, but I can tell that sometimes it is tough for him to go every day (I have  been working 5 days a week almost every week). By about Thursday or Friday he is pretty worn out. Those are the morning which are the most difficult for me. But, he has a sweet little ritual that he created when we drop him off. He asks if we will play with him for a few minutes and then when he has settled in, he asks for a hug, a kiss and a high-five (which is our cue to leave).

We had his first parent/teacher conference this week and he got such a good report! I was thrilled! His teacher said that he has a best friend and they just giggle at each other all day long. The teacher also said that he is extremely bright! She did say that he plays a little roughly with toys (what boy doesn't?) and that he has trouble when it is time to clean up or get ready for another activity if he is focused on something else.  Couldn't be more proud of his report!

Doing some of our feeding therapy homework and getting messy with glitter!


Build a Bear Workshop


Patrick, it is such a joy being your mom! Your sweet little smile and big blue eyes light up my world! I am so excited to continue to watch you grow and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment