The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, November 7, 2014

Peyton- 19 Months

Peyton is 19 months old!


Sweet little boy has been sick a lot this month. He has still been in pretty good spirits, but isn't sleeping that well. I had a scary experience at night with him. Peyton had a great day at school and was playing well until bed time. I put him down and then a few hours later I heard really loud wheezing sounds coming from his room. I went in there to check on him and he was gasping for air over and over again. He wasn't awake, but it made me extremely nervous, so I opened his door and listened carefully to him. He woke up again really gasping for air and I ran in there to get him. I gave him some water, tylenol and we opened the freezer door to get him to breathe in a little cool air. It seemed to work, because he fell asleep next to me in the bed afterwards and stopped wheezing. When I took him to the doctor the next day he was having a lot of trouble breathing. They said it was really bad croup and they needed to give him steroid shots. The doctor warned me that these shots hurt pretty badly. Peyton never really cries at shots, but this shot must have been different because he screamed bloody murder for about 15 minutes. It was terrible. He also wouldn't sleep and just felt really bad after the shot. The next day he also screamed for four hours straight. Peyton doesn't cry much (unless he wants juice boxes:) ) so for him to cry that long was extremely unusual. Luckily he is doing much better now and it seems to have cleared up.

We had one good day at the park before the cold set in this month


So excited to be swinging like big brother


Peyton is trying to learn how to jump. So I videotaped a few of his attempts it is just precious! I could eat this child up!

I have been pretty tired lately, so when Michael has to work late the boys and I typically eat cereal and yogurt for dinner (terrible I know). It is extremely tough to get dinner ready and prepared when we get home at 6pm and both kids are screaming they are so hungry.  So this is my solution for the next couple months :)  Peyton doesn't seem to mind though and it seems to be his favorite dinner!


Peyton does not drink any milk except for in cereal, so I consider it a little win when he drinks up the rest of his milk out of his favorite tire bowl.


Love this sweet little boy!

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment