The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, February 17, 2017

Conor's 2nd Birthday Party

Conor really loves movies and one of his favorite movies is the Secret Life of Pets. He giggles so hard at one part of the movie and I just love watching him! We decided to have a puppy party with some Secret Life of Pets characters thrown in. He also really loves breakfast food, so we had all of his favorites and invited a few friends to a puppy brunch.


The table set up


I made the paper plates to look like dog faces. The dog ears were made with some leftover felt I had for a project for Patrick. I found some awesome paw print paper at Michaels. The prints were a little busy, but I had purchased the plates and decided to embrace the fun prints!


The cups had Conor dog tags on them


The kiddie table


And the party table. I already had the blue background from Patrick and Peyton's superhero party. I made the dog house out of construction paper. Peyton helped me spray paint a wooden picket fence from Michaels. Dad loaned me a bunch of tennis balls. And the balloons were from amazon (a few popped before the party :/). It was a pretty simple little set up with mostly paper goods!


Conor really loves breakfast food. Some of his favorites are chick- fil- a mini biscuits, sausage balls, donuts, drinkable yogurts and cereal. I designed the menu around all of Conor's favorite foods and added in a few adult items as well. I made hashbrown casserole and a sausage and egg casserole the night before and baked them in the oven about and hour before the party, which was so convenient!



The cake is from Publix and the Max cake topper is from Etsy. I was a little nervous about going back to Publix after the last cake disaster, but it's just so convenient and also really cost effective. I thought the cake turned out so cute and their cakes always taste delicious!


Here's another little picture of the table, with the some puppy chow and M&M's in the center in a dog bowl.


And the kid table with Scooby Doo dog bone graham crackers and funfetti dip, which ended up being delicious! 


I found the dog printable online and printed it out, which was so easy and served as a cheap decoration for the party. 


The party favor was a Kibbles and Bits snack mix which was pretzels, mini Kit Kats, and Reese's cereal




We also had some adult brunch cocktails as well


Big and the birthday boy



Conor decided that he needed to park himself in front of the party table with his favorite treat...cinnamon toast crunch.



Conor doesn't like crowds, so I knew that he would be a little intimidated when we sang happy birthday. The poor child teared up and almost burst into tears. I think he ended up having a wonderful time at his party though. 


He clearly wanted to take a picture with us :)


Love Peyton in this picture. Patrick was too busy jumping on the trampoline.


All my boys!


My little buddy!


I tried to capture a few pictures of the little guy after his party was over., but it always seems to be a challenge to make my boys sit still for a couple of pictures. 

This is my favorite of him



The big brother picture didn't go exactly as planned...


Deep in thought




No more pictures mom!!


I had so much fun planning your party Conor! Happy 2nd birthday big boy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment