The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Isle of Palms- 2018

We are back from our annual Isle of Palms trip. The kids had an absolute blast with all of their cousins. This year there were 40 of us total, including 11 kids under 8 years. Only 3 out of the 11 are girls, so it is quite loud with all of the little boys running around. The two older girls loved helping with Caitie.

It started off a little rocky with Michael's grandfather falling a few minutes after we arrived on the first night. He spent most of the night in the ER and returned pretty banged up with some broken ribs. He was such a great sport and tried his best to enjoy the rest of the beach trip.

It was my sweet little Caitie's first trip to the beach. She loved all of the extra attention and people to hold her.


Big brothers are so proud





Absolutely LOVE this picture




She is so animated and smiles so big when you interact with her.


Our second day at the beach, Memorial Day, was rainy and stormy. So we decided to take all of the kids to the South Carolina aquarium. It was PACKED! I think every family with young children was there. We all discovered that we have been spoiled by the Tennessee aquariums. Both the Chattanooga and Gaitlinburg aquariums are amazing, and this one wasn't quite as impressive. It was also pretty challenging to keep track of 11 kids under the age of 8. The parents were pretty exhausted afterwards. I'm not sure we will be back to this aquarium, but it was definitely a fun outing on a rainy day.







We were in the biggest room, since we have the biggest family. But, it was still a little cramped. There were four of us in the king bed, Michael, Me, Conor and Caitie. Patrick and Peyton slept in the twin bed on opposite ends. Caitie mostly napped while in someone's arms at the beach, but whenever I could get her down for a good nap it was definitely a win!

Love a snoozing baby




These two were enjoying the morning view, while I was enjoying my coffee. My children are very early risers, so we were the first ones up almost every morning. 


Watermelon swimsuits



Hanging by the pool


I got matching lilly outfits for me and Caitie. Love them!



We dressed up each night, but I only managed to get one family pic. 



My big boys


Nightly beach walks




Michael cooked a shrimp boil for the Mulloy night. He spent about 7 hours in the kitchen. I thought he did a great job!





Love this picture of Caitie, but it was so windy my hair is kind of all over the place


Such sweet brothers



Conor insisted upon putting sunscreen on me everyday before he would let me put it on him


Adorable outfit from Aunt Callie














Their pajamas are my favorite!



Poolside naps are the best








Cousins




My little goofball







Cousins on the beach




First swim. She loved it and kicked so hard. She wouldn't smile, but seemed to be concentrating really hard.



Nothing like being splashed in the face by big brother on your first swim


We decided to go out to dinner, just my family of 6, one night. We went to the boathouse and it was a gorgeous sunset.







Morning tickles for Caitie


Photo courtesy of Conor


Caitie didn't make it down to the beach until the last day. Either Michael or I stayed at the pool while she napped. It was so windy, we thought she might hate it. And by the time I got all the kids ready, put sunscreen on them and got myself ready it was always time for Caitie to either eat or take a nap. The last day there was barely any wind, so we decided to take her down to experience the beach. She loved the sand on her toes and loved feeling the ocean.


Beach naps are the best





She was so amazed by the water, that we couldn't get her to look up for a picture.




The big boys would stay for hours at the beach. They loved it.




The last night we played left, right, center. Peyton was the big winner! He won $79. He was so excited!


We took a group pic right before we left to go home. There are a few missing, but this is most of the group.



The great grandchildren, just missing one.


Such a fun week! Thanks Mamaw and Papaw. We had such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment