The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lately

Well it has been quite interesting lately with all of the snow! We had not had snow for years before we bought our house and thought it would be no problem living on such a big hill! Ha...not the case! I have had two pretty scary experiences in the past 2 years with my car. It does not have four wheel drive or even front wheel drive, so it is pretty much worthless in the snow. For the past week, it has sat in our driveway and I have a feeling it won't be moving for the next week either!

Last week was one of the most scary experiences I have ever had! I was on my way to a Junior League provisional Christmas party and the road to get there dips a little bit into a creek. A few others cars had gone in front of me and had no trouble, so I figured that my car could make it just fine. I knew it was pretty cold, but there looked to be no ice. I made it through the creek just fine, but the other car's tires dripped water which immediately froze. My car doesn't stand a chance in any ice, so I started sliding back down the hill towards the creek even though my foot was still on the gas. There is a big drop off from the road into the creek and I was terrified that my car would flip and end up in the creek. So I lightly tried to pump my brakes hoping the car would stop! It finally did about a foot from the creek! I was so thankful and very lucky! All of these thoughts were going through my mind about how to get out of the car if my car flipped into the creek! It would have been difficult to get out of the car in general, but since I was five months pregnant it made it that much more scary!


I, of course, was so shaken from the experience that I immediately called Michael who was at dinner with his family and told him it was an emergency and he had to come immediately. He is probably used to these calls by now, since he got a similar one around this same time last year, but he was there in less than 5 minutes. He ran across the creek almost falling straight into the creek to make sure I was okay. It was very sweet of him! The cops showed up right after he got there and I was very thankful for that! They got a tow truck to be there in 3 minutes, which was much better than the 45 minutes I was told at every place I called. Luckily, there was no damage to my car and it only had to be towed about 5 feet. I felt really silly, but was just thankful that everything worked out the way it did!


So, needless to say, we are looking at a new crossover SUV for me to drive. We originally sold my old SUV so that we would not have two large cars, but it looks like we are going back to 2 SUV's! I definitely don't want to have any car problems with Patrick in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment