The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Patrick is growing fast!

On the Thursday before Christmas we had a bit of a scare. I woke up and had severe cramps and pressure in my lower abdomen. I had big plans to finish all of my Christmas shopping but couldn't get off the couch because of the pain. I decided to try and rest and eat a little bit and see if that helped. By the middle of the day I still wasn't feeling better, so I gave my doctor a call and she said I could be having irritable uterus syndrome and to drink 4 large glasses of water in an hour and call back if the pain wasn't gone. Well it didn't go away so they recommended I go to the ER because it could be pre-term labor. I immediately burst into tears and called Michael and told him to meet me there. After an hour or so of testing, they found that baby Patrick was just fine and that he was growing faster than my uterus could grow and accomodate him. I was told to rest for the weekend until my appointment on Monday. They think everything should work itself out just fine and the contractions should stop. However, resting over Christmas weekend is a tad bit hard with the schedule Michael and I have. I was just so thankful everything was okay with Patrick! Hopefully my body will catch up to him soon! Although it was stressful, i'm glad we went to the ER and got everything checked out. It makes me feel so much better knowing he is just fine.

Hard to believe that this Christmas is the last one with just Michael and I. We had a great time hanging out with family, but were bummed about having to take it easy. We normally go to Knoxville on Christmas day and started driving there, but about half way there I wasn't feeling very well and the roads were getting bad so we turned around and went home. Although we didn't like missing out, I think it was the best decision. Michael and I just hung out with the dogs and watched movies all night. Not exactly what we had planned for Christmas, but still fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment