The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Monday, February 14, 2011

Knoxville Shower and Valentine's Day

I'm a little behind on my posting, because we have been so busy getting ready for Patrick, but this past weekend we tried 2 restaurants we hadn’t been to before, traveled to Knoxville on Saturday for a shower and then picked out a glider and rug for Patrick’s room. Phew!


On Friday night, Michael and I went to a new place called the Tavern. It was so good and reminded me a lot of Whiskey Kitchen.

Last Saturday, Michael’s grandmother and aunts threw Patrick a baby shower in Knoxville. So my mom, Sharon, and Michael’s other grandmother headed to Knoxville on Saturday for the shower. Michael has a large extended family that we never get to see, so it was fun to see everybody. Patrick got some really cute stuff. It was a really fun shower and I appreciated all the hard work everyone put into it! I thought that it would be a good time for Michael to stay home and catch up on his sleep while we were at the shower since he has been working so hard, but I came home from Knoxville to a really clean house that he had been working on all day! It was so sweet of him and definitely a nice surprise!

On Sunday night, Michael and I went to dinner with Michael’s boss and his wife. Michael has been working so hard (and long hours!) to finish up their year end close and the audit. The audit wrapped up last week, so we went to Prime 108 in the Union Station Hotel to celebrate. Michael and I had never been there and it was so good! It was a fun treat and it was so nice of his boss to do for us!

We had a low-key Valentine’s Day this year, but it was still really fun. For the past four years Michael and I have gone to Mellow Mushroom and a Predator’s game. Since there wasn’t a Predator’s game on Valentine's Day this year and we have been so busy we decided to pick up Mellow Mushroom and eat at home. So we ate pizza and chocolate covered strawberries on our fine china. It was perfect!

In other Patrick news, we picked out his glider. It’s so comfy and I’m so excited about it! Michael’s parents are giving it to us as a shower gift for Patrick and so Sharon went to pick it out with us! It’s so sweet of them and I know we will be able to use it for a long time! I also went with my mom to pick out a rug for Patrick's room. They gave us the rug for a shower gift and I love it! Its such a cute little boys rug. I can't wait for everything to get in so I can finish up his room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment