The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Patrick- 35 Weeks and Rite of Election

I can’t believe how fast time is flying! I am a little over 35 weeks, so only 33 more days until my due date! While Michael was out of town at a bachelor party, I made a list of everything I wanted to accomplish on Saturday for Patrick. However, after the big 3/15 deadline at work this week, I was so tired I barely made a dent in my to-do list on Saturday. There is so much left to be done in Patrick’s room!


My Rite of Election into the church was this Sunday and it’s a pretty big deal in the Catholic Church. During church, the priest invites each individual converting to come up to the altar and sign our names in a book that will eventually be sent to Rome. The signing represents a commitment to become a Catholic. Later in the afternoon there is a ceremony with the Bishop for all of the parishes in Nashville. The Bishop signs the books and accepts us each into the church. My sweet husband didn’t want to miss the ceremonies, so he drove to and from Florida separately from everyone else to make it back on time. He ended up getting in at 3:30am on Sunday morning, so I know the full day of events at church was the last thing he wanted to do! It really meant a lot to me that he came back early to see it all!

We also found out today that Michael has strep throat. Eeek! I have kind of been freaking out about it! We had our infant CPR class last night and although we had separate breathing pieces, they still touched the same place. We also shared a bottle of water, so I’m really hoping that I don’t get strep too!

No comments:

Post a Comment