The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Turk and Bailey

Turk and Bailey are 3 years old!

My sweet Turk


Pretty Bailey



They keep us busy for sure! I feel pretty sorry for them during the winter months since they are stuck inside all day. Luckily, it has been a very mild winter so they have had more time outside than expected. They also continue to get themselves in lots of trouble. For example, on Monday morning, Michael let the dogs out before he left for Knoxville for the day. Patrick and I woke up shortly after and I noticed that Turk and Bailey were uncharacteristically quiet. It just so happens that they had caught a possum (or raccoon- I couldn't tell). I tried yelling for them, but couldn't get them to leave it alone. I didn't want to touch the animal and then go inside and get Patrick ready, so I just left them outside all day with the animal. Turk was pretty sick for the next couple of days. Thankfully, he seems to be feeling better now.

Turk and Bailey have been really great with Patrick. He is always trying to pull their tails or pet them (i.e. pull their hair out).
Turk is pretty laid back with Patrick but would prefer for Patrick to not go too close. However, Bailey is still terrified of him. She makes a disgruntled growl when Patrick crawls after her and jumps up to move away. Bailey then plays a game with Patrick where she jumps around and barks constantly. She barely ever wags her tail, but she always wags it when playing this game. Even though she sounds vicious, its just her way of playing.


They are definitely getting less attention than they were last year. Michael and my dad try to make up for it by taking them on walks a couple times a week. It's their favorite activity! They are a little more needy than they used to be, but I guess that is to be expected since they are getting a little less attention. They used to love to go outside while Michael and I are home, but now they would prefer to sit at our feet or follow us around the house all day. They really do make the best cuddle buddies!

I can't imagine our lives without Turk and Bailey! They definitely make things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment