The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, February 24, 2012

Thankful

As we speak, I am sitting on my couch in my pajama's on my day off and I could not be more thankful for having Friday's off. I swear I would have lost my sanity by now without it! I read this wonderful article this week, that seemed to come at a time when I really needed it. Thought I would post a few of the key points to the blog in case anyone is in need of a few reminders as well! The basic ideas of the article are below:
  • Don't compare yourself to other "supermoms" and don't stress about what you aren't getting done.
  • Lower your expectations and stick to the basics. You don't always have to have a spotless house. Determine the one chore that needs to get done the most that day and tackle that chore. Leave all the other chores for another day.
  • Your baby is only little once. Take the time to enjoy them...soak up their little giggles and smiles.
  • Learn to find the humor in the situation and always try and laugh rather than cry.
  • Even though it might seem like there can't possibly be any energy left at the end of the day, save a little energy to catch up with your husband.
  • Take time for yourself, even if its only 10 minutes a day.
  • If you have to choose between cuddling and cleaning, always choose cuddling. You won't look back on your life and remember the dirty house, but you will remember the precious moments cuddling with your little one!
So as we speak I am sitting on my couch during Patrick's nap ignoring the millions of things that need to be done and making the choice to cuddle with my pups and watch t.v. instead of clean!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment