The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lately

Phew have we been busy!  Michael has traveled for work every week in May, so it has been tough to manage work and a non-sleeping baby.  April and May always seem to be the busiest two months of the year for us!  Unfortunately, I haven't taken many pictures lately, since I just haven't had the energy to bring my camera with me, but below are a few recaps and some iphone photos.

The weekend after we got back from our anniversary trip we had my 10 year high school reunion.  Hard to believe that I am that old!  We had a girls night on Friday at Whitfield's which was really fun (while Michael went to the Predators game).  Michael and I rarely go out if one of our parents can't babysit, since Patrick is used to being with them and I trust them.  But, neither of our parents were available on Friday, so we got a referral from a friend.  I asked her to get there 30 minutes early and we all played with Patrick.  She was great and he seemed comfortable with her when I left.  But about an hour after I got to Whitfield's I got a text that Patrick was really upset and would not stop crying.   I called and could hear how upset he was over the phone and headed home.  I was glad she called me instead of letting him cry all night.  As soon as I got home though he was all smiles as evidenced below.  How can I be mad at the precious little smiling face!?!?  I guess he just missed mommy!





The next night was the actual reunion at the Cheadle's house and it was so fun to catch up with everyone!

A couple of weekend's ago was Lauren and Patrick's wedding.  The weekend started with a Bridesmaids luncheon at Miel on Friday.  Then the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner at the Boundry.  

Meg and I at the rehearsal dinner


With the bride, who seems to be making a funny face at the time


On Saturday, Michael went to Steeplechase, while Patrick and I hung out at the house.  


Then I headed to the wedding at Hillwood.  I was reading in the wedding, which was a wonderful honor!

The next day was mother's day and we had brunch at Hillwood, and Patrick slept through half of it, which was actually kind of nice since I got to eat half of my meal without being rushed.  

On Tuesday, May 15th, Patrick became a cousin!  Michael's sister Megan had a little boy who she named Harper James Dacus.  Michael was out of town for work, so we didn't get to meet Harper until the following weekend.  We drove up to Knoxville for a quick trip on Friday night and then came home mid-day Saturday.  He was just precious!  


After we got back we took a quick nap and then headed to a cookout at the Ellen's house.  As I have mentioned before, Zane and Virginia are in Patrick's class at Margaret's.  Patrick looks up to Zane and we will be so sad when Zane leaves Margaret's this month to go to preschool!  Zane's new favorite activity is driving his car around and he was so excited for Patrick to ride in it.  Zane will be two in a couple weeks, and I was surprised at his driving abilities!  He drove around a little first and avoided all of the holes in the yard, the cars and every other obstacle in his way.  So we decided to let Patrick ride with him (there are seat belts and they weren't going far!)  Patrick thought it was a blast when they were moving, but when they stopped (the car doesn't have much power and can't go up slopes) he started crying.  

When they started driving Zane was so excited he only stared at Patrick instead of where he was supposed to be going.  He got the hang of it pretty quickly though :)


Is this a picture into our future?  How cute are they!?!?





Oops, we need help turning around!  Every time they stopped Patrick started crying and Zane got nervous and started sucking his thumb.  They are just so cute!


Here is a little video of the two of them in the car.  They had been riding in this car for a while, so Patrick was getting a little tired and fussy.  This was the first time Zane actually ran into something since I think he was distracted by Patrick fussing.  They only tapped the car though.  Wish I had gotten a better video at the beginning when they were having so much fun, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment