The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baby #2- 30 Weeks

After having the flu last week I felt a few changes with the baby, so I scheduled an appointment with the doctor last Friday.  The doctor confirmed that this sweet little boy has dropped already!  The little guy seems eager to join us, just like his big brother!  The doctor decided I needed to be monitored to make sure his heart rate was okay as well as monitoring my contractions. After about an hour of monitoring, she decided that I could go home but need to take it easy.  She even threw in a comment about not doing any household chores...a medical excuse not to do laundry?  I'll take it :)   Although I am having contractions already, they are pretty mild and she expects them to continue slowly. She said that he could also just be angry that I was so sick and they could stop altogether!

I am also having a really hard time eating and sleeping. I am up every hour or two at night. He is definitely a night owl.  I lost some weight because of the flu last week, so the baby is having a hard time with food and is giving me acid reflux which also keeps me up a good portion of the night!

My blood pressure is still looking good, so that is a wonderful sign!  I can't wait to meet this little guy, but definitely want him to hold out a little while longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment