The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Patrick- 3 1/2 Years

Patrick is getting to be so big.  I cannot believe his vocabulary and everything he is able to pick up on!


His teacher asked to speak with me when I picked him up last week. I was a little worried about what she would say, but she wanted to talk to me about how bright Patrick is. She said that every time they write numbers or a word up on the board that Patrick immediately shouts out the answer.  She said they had to start asking him to give his other friends a chance to figure it out, since some of the other children are still learning their letters and numbers. He also has the most stars on his sharing chart which he is so excited about. Definitely a few proud mom moments recently!

He knows how to spell his name, knows all his letters, knows his numbers, knows the days of the week and so much more that I am sure I am failing to mention.


Every night before we go to bed (and most mornings) he wants to review what day is tomorrow. He always gets upset when it's a school day and not a "stay at home night."  Saturday's are definitely his favorite day. He tells me almost every morning that he is going to miss me until Saturday.  He has such a sweet little heart!  His favorite school day is Friday. On Friday's each child gets to bring a toy that starts with the letter of the week and they get to share it with their friends. Patrick loves to search through our house exploring which toys start with the letter of the week in preparation for Friday.

I asked Patrick to pick out his bedtime book and he ran to Michael's bedside table and picked up the Sports Illustrated. He is starting to notice everything Michael and I do and had noticed that daddy had been reading it earlier. So cute!

Patrick really loves his bedtime routine and it is really cute. He always asks to pick out three books to read (because he is three :) ) and then we say our prayers and I lay with him for a few minutes. The prayer he says is absolutely precious. He normally belts out the prayer, but he knew I was recording him this night so he was a little more shy. You can't tell very well in the recording, but he says "kank you" for thank you and "aww man" for amen. It is so darn cute! I had to record it, because I know he is about to be able to pronounce it correctly, so I wanted to remember the sweet baby voice he has.



We are still working hard on potty training. Patrick has never had a #2 accident, but frequently has #1 accidents. He is perfectly capable of going potty, but plays so hard that he is so focused and forgets. He still wears a diaper for nap time and bed time. The past week,his diaper has been dry at school after nap time, so I think we are getting close for nap. I don't see us giving up the night time diaper any time soon though!

We still struggle with Patrick's eating. I think it will definitely be something we work on for a long long time. He loves fruit and bread and that is pretty much all he eats. We are still working hard in food therapy, so I know we will continue to improve. His waist is so small that I cannot find pants that fit him in length and waist. Poor thing is constantly pulling up his pants because they are so big on him. We can get away with it in the summer because he can just wear really short shorts, but not so much in the winter. We aren't quite to the age where he can figure out how to unbuckle a belt yet to go to the bathroom, so unfortunately that is not an option. Apparently they don't make extra long pants for a 12-18 month sized 3 1/2 year old. Maybe I will invent it :)

Patrick and Peyton are starting to play much better together. Peyton is a little rough with some of Patrick's toys since his motor skills haven't developed fully enough for him to be able to play with all of the toys, which really frustrates Patrick. Although you can tell Patrick really does try and teach him and play with him.

Patrick and his cousin Harper are at great ages and have really started playing well together. Patrick frequently asks if he can have his cousin Harper over to play.

He loves driving his car with Harper


Exploring a fire truck together


Sweet little boys reading books together


Patrick has grown up so much in the past 6 months I can hardly stand it! I cannot imagine how much he will grow in the next 6 months! So proud of you Patrick. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment