The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree and a Christmas Breakfast

We got our Christmas tree this weekend, which Patrick helped pick out. We had originally planned to go to a tree farm with a few friends on the way back from Center Hill the day after Thanksgiving.  But since Patrick was sick for Thanksgiving we settled on the tree lot next to our house like we did last year.  



After picking out the tree on Saturday we decided we were a little too tired to set it up so we decided to decorate it on Sunday instead.  Patrick has not been eating well at all lately (i.e. not eating anything and only drinking milk), so I decided to try and do a fun little breakfast on Sunday morning before decorating the tree. I was hoping that if the food looked fun he might actually eat something.  He did try a few bites, so I think it was somewhat of a success.  I had hoped he would eat a little more, but it's a work in progress I guess!  (Side note: for anyone wondering, don't worry, I have discussed Patrick's non-eating with the doctor multiple times and we are working on it!)


Michael bought the elf on the shelf while he was in New York last week, so I decided we could make it a fun Christmas themed breakfast.  I knew Patrick wouldn't understand any of it, but it was fun and a way to try and make him eat!


Snowman pancakes


We also had bananas and strawberries in the shape of a candy cane, elf donuts, which are really just cheerios with powdered sugar and sprinkles on them, and Patrick's favorite, powdered donuts.


He got to sit in a big chair like mom and dad, which I think made him a little nervous.  He still really likes his high chair the best



After breakfast we had fun playing in our pajamas for most of the day.  Patrick was in such a good mood after his powdered donut sugar rush that I had to capture a few precious pictures of him.  I think I could kiss those sweet little chubby cheeks all day long!


He thinks Bailey is so fun, although Bailey doesn't quite share the same sentiment


I adore his sweet little giggle!  It's the cutest sound in the world!




After his nap and snack, we decided to decorate the tree.  We started the Christmas music and I had this wonderful view in my head of my precious little family decorating the tree together!  However, it was quite the disaster! Patrick was jumping over the lights and then running to jump on Bailey which made Bailey very angry.  She was barking constantly and running into everything while Patrick ran after her.  In between, Patrick would try and throw ornaments and be the rambunctious little boy he is!   It was so hectic that we had to stop and decorate the tree later while Patrick wasn't watching.  Oh my, what am I going to do next year with 2 little crazy boys?!?

Unfortunately this is the only picture I got of decorating the tree and his head is cut off in it.  Probably because I was also yelling at Bailey at the same time to stop her constant barking!


Oh well, there's always next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment