The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blessed

I couldn't sleep the night after Peyton's 36 week ultrasound and just sat up thinking about how great I was feeling that day! So at 3 am, when I couldn't sleep, I typed a post on my phone. I guess it didn't go through, so here it is a little late!  

I am feeling so blessed today. We had a great doctor appointment for Peyton today. I was really expecting the worst and was so worried that the doctor would decide to induce early!  I am also so excited for Patrick's birthday party and can't wait to see his precious little face light up! Patrick was so sweet this week and I wanted to jot down two sweet moments with my big boy, so I don't forget them.

I had a rough work day yesterday and a rough pregnancy day and knew that Michael was working late that night, so I had Patrick all by myself. Normally, that is no big deal, but I was just not feeling great and knew it would be a challenge for me! Patrick and I were eating dinner together (which is an accomplishment in itself) and Patrick was being silly, but actually eating his food! I laughed at him and said, "Oh Patrick, I love you so much." He looked up at me and said very clearly "I know mama."  Not only was I surprised that he could grasp what I said to him, but also that he could vocalize a clear response!


And this little moment melts my heart... I was late picking up Patrick today and we didn't get as much time as we normally do together at night. We were a little rushed to eat dinner, bath time and get ready for bed. Before bed I laid next to him on the couch (as we always do for a few minutes before bed to calm down) and he grabbed my hand and looked up at me and smiled. He wouldn't let go and held onto my hand as I carried him to his bed. He held my hand as he fell asleep that night. I had to pry his hand off after he went to sleep. 


It was so sweet and I just feel so blessed to be his mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment