The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peyton- 35 Weeks

Last week was a rough week for us and I am so glad it is over! Patrick got the stomach bug, followed by both Michael and I getting the stomach bug. Patrick bounced back really quickly, within two days.  It took me about 5 days to be able to eat anything, which is a pretty big strain on your body at 8 months pregnant!

Peyton was definitely feeling the effects from me being so sick and dehydrated. Last Wednesday night, I started having major contractions. Michael worked really late and if he had been home I probably would have gone to the hospital. Luckily, the contractions lessened around 2am when Michael was getting home so I decided I would wait until the morning to go see the doctor. 

The doctor wanted to monitor Peyton's heartbeat and see if I was still having contractions. I was monitored for about 45 minutes. Peyton's heartbeat sounded great, but the doctor said I was having about 5 contractions every 20 minutes. Since the contractions varied so much in both strength and length, she couldn't send me to the hospital to stop them.  The contractions caused me to progress a good amount, so the doctor told me to try and rest (for reference, I had the same measurements with Patrick at 36 weeks and had him 10 days later).

I have my 36 week doctor appointment tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it! My feet and legs have been swelling a good amount.  Hopefully this little boy will hang in there a few more days so we can celebrate Patrick this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment