The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Mulloy Disney Trip 2015 (Part 2)

After we arrived at the hotel we had to wait on our baggage to arrive since I forgot to pack the boys autograph books in our carry-on luggage (mom-fail!) I was afraid that the boys would freak out without them, so we just walked around the hotel for a while. We arrived at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party around 7pm, which was a very popular time to arrive!  The party starts at 7pm, but you can enter as early as 4pm. 

Since the boys had been traveling all day we knew we needed to head to a ride to get them excited. We headed straight for Winnie the Pooh. Here is a blurry selfie of Conor's first ride. His eyes were so wide the entire time. Just like last time, as soon as we got off the ride Patrick jumped up and down and insisted we go on more rides.


We also rode Peter Pan, which is one of the boys very favorites. Peyton was dying to ride the "horsey" so we also rode the Carousel. Conor thought he was extra special.



I have always wanted to try Cinderella's Royal Table, since it is the epitome of Disney. I knew that it would be a tough sell for the boys as they get older. So I decided that this was the year before they get much older and refuse to do it! Since we booked our trip late, every single reservation was sold out for the entire time we were there. I decided to stalk the website and tried a few times every day. A couple days before we were about to leave a time opened up at 8:30pm and I grabbed it. I thought it might be challenging to have a late dinner on our travel day, but I thought we would try it anyway. Whew was it tough. The boys were grumpy because they wanted to ride and not eat. Plus, they give the boys swords BEFORE they eat. Well clearly they must not have many boy families at this restaurant because that is a terrible idea. My boys stabbed each other with the very sharp swords and flung them around and injured each other multiple times even after trying to separate them. It was terrible!

The food was wonderful and Michael and I would have really enjoyed it if our children weren't behaving like wild beasts. It was also very magical to be sitting at a window seat because the fireworks started right after our dinner. The timing for fireworks could not have been more perfect or more beautiful from inside the castle!

Our picture with Cinderella before the dinner. Peyton was terrified of her for some reason. I love how Patrick is just smiling at her.


I didn't plan it very well, because the boys were sitting next to the wall so picture taking with the princesses was a little challenging. 


Conor was nervous too, he was trying to jump out of his seat away from Snow White :)


Aurora




LOVE this one of Ariel and Conor, too cute!


No one wanted to take a picture with Jasmine, so I felt bad and jumped in there by myself.


Watching the fireworks


Such a pretty view


We also had a little setback after leaving the restaurant. Peyton had a massive diaper explosion. Yikes! I was so glad I had packed extra pants for him!  After a quick change we headed straight to ride Ariel


Then off to ride Barnstormer. We convinced Peyton to try it this time and he was terrified and said he did not want to ride it again. Poor thing is so scared of rides.

Santa Goofy was standing outside of Barnstormer. My boys love goofy!



Love their precious excitement in this picture!


Then we headed over to Dumbo. The last time we rode Dumbo there was no wait, so we completely missed the play area. I seriously think this was the kids favorite part of the night. The kids had a blast playing in the play area.



I have to admit that it does look very fun! Notice Patrick all the way up top balancing on the swinging platform.


Dumbo!


The children wanted to go play in the dumbo play area again after riding, so I took the boys back while Michael stood in line to meet Christmas Daisy, Minnie, Scrooge McDuck and Donald.


Peyton was very excited to meet Donald


Love Conor in this picture. He was such a trooper and would nap in his stroller.


Peyton was being quite the little flirt!




Patrick was so excited to ride the mine train, so Michael and him decided to ride it. It was a really long wait, even at the end of the night. I was a little nervous about Peyton and Conor staying up so late, but Patrick had such a blast that I think it was worth it.




They have free hot chocolate and cookies at the Christmas party, so Peyton and I stopped for a late night snack. I looked away for a second and when I looked back sweet little Peyton actually fell out of the chair with a cookie in his mouth because he was nodding off to sleep. Hysterical! He fell asleep a second later in the stroller while we waited on Michael and Patrick to finish their ride.


Such a magical first night! Up next is our attempt at the Animal Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment