The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Chick-Fil-A

Have you ever tried to take three boys under the age of 5 out to dinner? You will either be sick from stuffing food in your face at lightning speed or you will be starving because you didn't take a single bite of your dinner. It is NOT for the faint of heart.

I grew up in a household of girls, so I was definitely new to the whole "boy" mom thing. I can't tell you the amount of times I asked Michael if he was sure that it was normal for a little boy to tackle/wrestle their sibling until they can't breath multiple times a day, to dive off of furniture onto your head, or to run around the house naked approximately 6 hours of every day! He always replied with some crazy story about him and his two brothers, so I have come to determine that this is in fact normal. Raising boys is one crazy ride that I never imagined I would experience!

I have to admit, that the thing I struggle with most about raising boys is taking them out of the house to anywhere but a park, field or somewhere that they cannot run around and scream! They have no idea how to sit still or be quiet for more than 3 minute intervals (don't even get me started about how we survive church with all three littles without daycare!). It is slightly infuriating. I see girl moms who have their children sitting quietly at nice restaurants with a coloring book or a baby doll (This is not to say that all girls are nicely behaved and all boys are not, I am simply using this as a comparison here). HA! If I even tried to give my children crayons at a restaurant they would use them as swords or throw them at the other one!

That was a long winded introduction to this blog post, but the point of the story is that we only go to 2 restaurants with the boys and that is it. We have tried many many other times and have failed miserably, so we are sticking with what we know....Chick Fil A and El Sombrero! I am pretty sure my children think those are the only 2 restaurants in Nashville :)

I was looking through pictures and realized that I have an unreasonable amount of pictures of my children at Chick-Fil-A and I haven't even taken in my phone inside for 3/4 of the times we have gone there. My children BEG to go to chick-fil-a and its really the only restaurant I take them when I am by myself. I am pretty sure I took them twice a week for dinner while Michael was in busy season, solely so I could wear them out at the playhouse in the winter.  So here are a few pictures of the boys at their favorite restaurant.










No comments:

Post a Comment