The Mulloy's

The Mulloy's

Friday, October 14, 2011

Funny Moments

Patrick has really started to show his personality lately and I just love it! There have been so many funny moments lately, but I wanted to share a few of them that I thought were pretty funny.

The other night I was holding Patrick while getting my dinner ready. I got the Ketchup bottle out and noticed it was almost empty, so I gave it a good squeeze. It made a fart-like noise as it came out of the bottle and Patrick started giggling like crazy. I wasn't sure what he was laughing about, but then I did it again and he started laughing so hard. I wish I had it on video! I can just imagine Michael doing the same thing as a kid!

Patrick has also started to make his own fart noises that he thinks are really funny. Michael always makes those noises and faces at Patrick and Patrick has started imitating him. I haven't been able to get it on video yet, but i'll try and post it soon!

When I went to Patrick's 6 month doctor's appointment the doctor asked if Patrick was turning his head when his name was called. Michael's affectionate name for Patrick is "hambone" or "p diddy" and I was too embarrassed to tell the doctor that he only responds to those names! I guess we need to correct that, and soon!

Thought I would share another funny parenting moment from last weekend. Michael had a rough day with Patrick on Saturday since he cried most of the day while I was at Holli's wedding. Patrick was teething and just not feeling well that day. He hardly ever cries so I was was upset that I couldn't help out and that he wasn't happy for Michael. Michael had tried everything and nothing seemed to work. So needless to say, Michael was really tired on Sunday when we drove home. I normally sit in the back with Patrick and try and entertain him since he hates the car so much. I had brought a bagel for the car ride down, but had forgotten about the car ride back. It's a 5 hour drive, so it's a long time to entertain a child who hates the car! Patrick was starting to cry and Michael was still pretty upset about him crying all day the day before. We were driving down 280 in the middle of Alabama and Michael asked me if I had brought a bagel for the car ride home (Patrick loves bagels and they seem to entertain him for a long time). I replied "no, but if you see a bagel shop pull over so we can get one." His response was classic.... "Minje, Billy Bob isn't going to open a bagel shop, he is going to open a bacon place. Only people in municipalities eat bagels." Haha! You could just hear the desperation in his voice! He had put all of his energy into trying to soothe Patrick from crying from teething the day before, and I knew he couldn't take much more crying! Luckily, Patrick will sometimes forget he is in the car if you sing and dance around so I tried to entertain him as much as I could so we didn't have too much more crying! Parenting really is a team effort!

A few pictures from the week:

Modeling his new kicks...such a laid back little baby



Trying out teething biscuits


Haha, I love this picture. So cautiously trying to eat it


On the move...


So happy


Practicing sitting up


My adorable little pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment